Best ND Filters For Mavic Mini 2, SE & Original Mini
If you are wanting to get some professional-looking drone footage from your DJI Mavic Mini, you have most likely heard of ND (Neutral Density) filters for your drone. These incredible filters can massively improve the quality of your videos and photos and keep your footage looking just like it has been done by a professional that has been in the market for years and years.
When choosing ND filters there are a few things to look out for, otherwise, you may be disappointed if they don’t deliver results, scratch the camera of your drone, or fall off during flight because of poor design and quality. This is where I would like to share with you my 2 best ND filters for the Mavic Mini 2, SE & also the original Mavic Mini.
Because the gimbal/camera size is the same for the DJI Mini 1, 2 & SE, the below will fit each model easily without any hassle.
#1 Pick – Skyreat ND Filters for Mavic Mini Models
The Skyreat ND filters give the same quality image that you would expect from a professional photographer plus more. Since purchasing these filters I have never looked back as they always give me a professional-looking video or photograph. These filters are very easy to put on and taking them off is just as easy.
Skyreat ND Filters Pros:
- Very professional make and design making them not just look great, but are a quality product that will last for years to come
- Specifically made for the DJI Mavic Mini, Mavic Mini 2, and Mavic Mini SE model cameras
- Easy to install and take off the gimbal
- Skyreat ND Filters work on all DJI Mavic Mini models including the Mavic Mini Original, Mavic Mini 2, and the DJI Mavic Mini SE version
- This set comes with ND32 and ND64 which was a total relief and most don’t come with these filters. They are awesome because where I live as I need to have them for the bright sunny days
- Made using aircraft aluminum for a lightweight design that doesn’t put the Mavic Mini over the 250 grams
- No vignetting
- Does not affect the gimbal calibration
- Comes in a nice case that is easy to pack and take with you on your next flight
- Gives amazing clear shots and work perfectly
- The 6 pack comes with CPL, UV, ND8, ND 16, ND 32, and ND 64 filters as a reasonable price for the 6 filters
Skyreat ND Filters Cons:
- I am very happy with the Skyreat ND filters that to date I haven’t had any issue with them, I highly recommend them if you are after affordable ND filters that won’t cost you a fortune and will deliver great results for you
I can’t say enough for the Skyreat ND filters. I have been using them now on my Mavic Mini for some time and couldn’t be happier with the clarity, ease of use, and range of filters they have to ensure you’re shooting like a pro!
Note: When fitting ND filters to your Mavic Mini, ensure the drone is turned off to ensure that the gimbal won’t move when applying the filter. This will make it easier for installation without causing any gimbal issues.
#2 Pick – Freewell
Just like the Skyreat ND filters above, the Freewell ND filters for the DJI Mavic Mini are an excellent choice. These ND filters will also make all of your videos and photography shots look very professional with ease of use and look like they are done by a professional photographer.
Freewell ND Filters Pros:
- Professional-looking results for videography and photography
- Freewell ND Filters work on all DJI Mavic Mini models including the Mavic Mini Original, Mavic Mini 2, and the DJI Mavic Mini SE version
- Very well packaged in a nice sturdy case
- No gimbal issues when using these ND filters
- Great quality filters and look great!
Freewell ND Filters Cons:
- Unfortunately, I don’t feel they are as secure as they should be as I lost 2 filters within the first 2 months of using these filters
Skyreat vs Freewell Filters For The DJI Mavic Mini
The Freewell ND filters are an amazing accessory for the DJI Mavic Mini drones and are very similar to the Skyreat ND filters. The only reason that I like the Skyreat over these ones is that I lost a couple of filters, so I decided to give the Skyreat ones a go and haven’t looked back!
So these are my picks for the best ND filters for the Mavic Mini 2, Mavic Mini SE, and the original DJI Mavic Mini. I hope this helps you to make the right decision when choosing filters for your drone and give you the best professional-looking shots you can get with your drone.
Looking to upgrade to the Mini 3 Pro? Check out the latest post for the DJI Mini 3 Pro Specs